Skip to main content

Bona fide take on your life?

A pretty long day for us. We drove from Bangalore. The car after a breakdown at Salem was again having issues. We gave the car for service at Thrissur. Papa & Mummy was at Thrissur since morning. We all welcomed our Dhiqur (nephew). It was a blessed day for our family. We drove to Koolimuttam. Towards the night 8:30 PM we reached. Met our beloved uncle & aunty. We started back at around 9:30 PM to Aluva, where papa & mummy lives.

I, my wife, kids, papa & mom in the car. I was driving at a very comfortable speed & totally dark all around.

A simple thought slithered in while driving. This has been an ever running thought in me. I wanted to ask this multiple times but didn't feel like earlier. But today I dared to ask this to my papa & mom.

What is the point of life? What is your take on life? [me]

My mom got a bit emotional thinking about her parents. My mom has always been the person who cheers my thoughts. A lot of points were made both mom & papa. It so happened that I'd to visit a friend one the way back to Bangalore. The same question was asked to my friend (aged 73) & his well-wisher (aged 60).

I wanted to see how each of them look at life & what makes them feel good or bad about life.

A common response which came out was, life is about coexisting with society by making your kin happy. My mom articulated it a lot more crisply for me, "You start your life to get engaged in new things in the world, then a marriage to get engaged with husband, then engrossed in kids thereafter the well-being of the kid's life".

How is that someone else being happy make us happy? If so why is blood relation a matter in that? Shouldn't one be happy then even for a stranger? [me]

I didn't understand those thoughts which my parents & friends had. I felt others are fooling their mind in thinking something while they want something else.

If you've been reading so far just give it a thought.

My take: I've deeply cared to understand every important person in my life. Have the dialogue with that important person till I feel satisfied with the quality of my relation with him/her. This doesn't necessarily mean to make the important person happy but to make myself happy with an unconditional love for that important person. That is what is life for me!

Search is on, what is your take?