Skip to main content

What I miss at one's demise?

Incidentally read a post that, a man miss his late brother as he saw a photo. Reminded me when I miss out dear ones.

My consciousness is formed in the dimension of time. My consciousness will end with my lifespan. Since my lifespan is obvious, is it the urge to be with that person in my lifespan that results in the feeling of missing?
Or
If that person was there it will give a sense of security? Security in all terms like social, physical, financial etc.

A person as a whole includes his recurring daily routines etc. When we say we miss one upon one's demise, is it a whole person Or just that person's good will for me?

The whole person is no more & that is the fact. Is it my selfish urge to be with that person or my secure feel with that person, or that person's good will to me - what is that I miss about that person?

The perspective diminishes remarkably when we try to look at my personal feeling from a dimension of the time. For eg. A well managed world will cherish for 10,000 years or more. My personal feeling of one's demise is insignificant 10,000 years from now!

Having said all this, the intensity of missing feeling can be shattering.

One perspective that stood out for me was, that the time we've lived together is what we miss. Live in present fully so that there are no regrets!

Every single time you see him/her as if you're seeing him/her for the first time!
Every single time listen to him/her as if you're listening to him/her for the first time!